Electrotherapy is the application of low electrical impulses for therapeutic purposes. It is typically used by us to control pain, repair tissue, stimulate muscles and increase sensations and muscle strength.
How does it Benefit?
Injuries that have caused swelling (conditions like sprained ankles, tennis elbow, etc. can benefit from this therapy technique. The benefits of electrotherapy are wide-ranging and includes :
- Pain relief
- Decreases muscle spasm
- Promotes tissue healing
- Promotes bone healing after fractures
- Helps in re-educating the muscles with functional activity
- Provides Bio-feedback to the muscles
- Prevents post-surgical muscle weakness
- Helps in increasing muscle strength, tone, range of movement, speed and strength of muscle contractions.