What is Metabolic Balance®?
Metabolic Balance® is the weight management program being offered at AktivHealth. This award-winning program has experienced tremendous success over the last decade and has changed the lives of over 8,00,000 program participants in 38 countries. AktivHealth is the Indian headquarter for this program. We help clients reach their health goals and also do certification programs for nutritionists and doctors.
You should join this weight management program, IF –
● You want to lose weight in a safe and healthy manner.
● You have tried “diets” with limited success and now want to achieve long term results.
● You suffer from health problems due to excess weight resulting in illnesses such as type 2 diabetes; insulin resistance; high Blood Pressure; fatigue; high cholesterol; imbalanced cholesterol; osteoporosis; allergies; skin disorders, joint pain; migraines; etc.
● You want to experience renewed energy, vitality and be slim, fit and healthy, regardless of your age. Maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle is the key to preventing disease and strengthening your immune system.
A scientific study in the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism (Dec 2010) confirms that Metabolic Balance® can effectively help you and control your weight for the long-term and improve your health and quality of life.
Benefits of Metabolic Balance®
● Easy, safe and healthy weight loss.
● Long term successful weight management.
● Improved health and increased energy levels.
● Better hormonal balance (support for menopause or other hormonal problems such as PCOS).
● Stable blood sugar levels.
● Improved cholesterol levels.
● Reduction in blood pressure.
● Improved mood and lifting of depression.
● Improved skin.
● Healthier digestive system.
● Alleviation of inflammatory joint problems.
● Better sleep.
Metabolic Balance® is not a standard diet program.
It is a personalized nutrition program.
The Metabolic Balance® creed comes from ancient wisdom:
“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food”
– Hippocrates (460-377 BC).
The main features of this program are:
- Metabolic Balance® is an innovative all-natural nutrition program that brings balance to hormones, optimizes health, and leads to a new invigorating lifestyle resulting in successful long term weight management.
- It is backed by over 25 years of scientific research by German Physicians and Nutritionists.
- The essence of the program is the unique capability of Metabolic Balance® to develop a truly personalized nutrition plan based upon an in-depth analysis of the client’s individual blood values, medical history, and personal likes and dislikes.
- The participant’s personalized nutrition plan acts as his/her “road-map”, indicating exactly which natural foods he/she should eat in order to orchestrate the biochemical changes needed for reaching his/her desirable weight and health goals.
- Metabolic Balance® is 100% natural! There are no prescribed injections, pills, shakes, or proprietary foods. The local grocery store can easily provide all the wholesome nutrient-rich foods listed on the personalized nutrition plan.
- The participant is accompanied through the four phases of the program by a certified Metabolic Balance® coach.
|Normal||18.5-22.9||18.5 – 24.9|
|Overweight||23-24.9||25.0 – 29.9|
|Abdominal Obesity||Asian Indians||Caucasians|
|Men||WC ≥ 90||WC ≥ 90|
|Women||WC ≥ 80||WC ≥ 88|
Obesity – Facts & Stats!!
According to the World Health Organization, the following health conditions are attributable to being overweight and obesity:
• 44% Diabetes
• 23% Ischemic Heart Disease
• 7-41% Cancers
• Men and women, with body mass indexes (BMI) of 40.0 or higher have an increased risk of death by 250% and 200% respectively.
• More than 25% of Indians are overweight.
• More than 3% are obese (3 crores)
• More than 5% of urban adults are obese
• More than 15% of urban children are overweight.
Source: Obesity Foundation of India.com
Every second person in Delhi fulfills the criteria for being overweight/ obese.
One-fourth of the adolescent population in Delhi has metabolic syndrome which heralds the onset of heart diseases and diabetes.
Source: Consensus Guidelines for Prevention and Management of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome (Ministry of Health, India)