Spinal Manipulation is a specialized form of physical therapy to treat pain and disability. It is a drug-free, non-invasive technique to alleviate painful conditions. It is a technique when a therapist uses their hands to apply controlled thrusts to joints of the patient’s spine. It is a passive movement applied in a smooth rhythmic fashion that gradually stretches the contractile muscle and enables a natural joint lubrication system to function more effectively and provide more motion.
How does it Benefit?
Spinal manipulation can be used in the cases of low back pain, shoulder or hip postural dysfunctions, cervical, thoracic pain and stiffness, Headaches and other postural problems.
This technique is for the following purposes:
- To decrease muscle pain and discomfort
- Promote healthy cellular homeostasis
- Reduce joint pressure
- Improve joint range of motion
- Encourage faster tissue repair and recovery
- Restore muscle and tissue balance
- Promote body fluid mobilization
- Decrease inflammation and enhance nerve function