Craniosacral Therapy (CST) is a vital part of osteopathy, where we primarily use ‘gentle touch therapy’ to assess and treat the craniosacral system (CS) by removing restrictions and stimulating the flow of cerebrospinal fluids. The release of restrictions improves the CS, body awareness and mobility. Post-treatment, a patient feels a substantial decrease in pain and stress.
Medical conditions, that has been caused due to the below, may be mitigated by CST:
- Birth Trauma
- Physical injuries
- Emotional and psychological stress
CST in Pregnancy
Craniosacral therapy offers many therapeutic values for an expectant mother. It helps her body to deal with the changes caused by pregnancy in a better way. CST during pregnancy can enable a woman to handle her labour with enhanced confidence, strength and vitality. CST is totally safe during pregnancy.
CST for Babies
Craniosacral therapy is not only safe for babies but advisable too. The use of gentle touch by an expert can bring many beneficial results and rebalance the whole body within the first year. The babies respond very well and positively to CST.
Who can benefit?
Craniosacral therapy can help those with:
- Stress-related issues
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
- Upper and lower extremity pain
- Fibromyalgia (chronic pain)
- Sinus complications
AktivOrtho™ offers specialized programs to alleviate the above-mentioned conditions through its well-trained craniosacral therapists.
We follow a three-way approach to treat the patients:
A proper assessment is done to diagnose each patient’s condition. The evaluation may include:
- Conducting a detailed discussion with the patient (this helps us make a client-specific program).
- Studying the duration, frequency and intensity of pain.
- Assessing the movement and strength of the upper extremities and cervical area
The CST techniques are designed and performed according to the diagnosis and the unique requirements of each client. Some of the techniques used are:
- Instruction of body awareness
- Therapeutic exercise program
- Patient-specific relaxation techniques
- Gentle touch to mobilize the bones and tissues of the craniosacral system
There are several therapeutic benefits of our result-oriented programs including:
- Increased body awareness and positioning
- Decreased frequency and intensity of headaches
- More physical independence through home-based exercise regime
- Increased physical mobility and motion
- Decreased pain and stress