Tips to Get Tight & Toned Abs
By Abdul Majeed Bhat, Sr. Physiotherapist, AktivOrtho™
1. Set your deadline.
2. Manage your diet. Take more of natural Sugars (Fruits with low sugar content) and increase the High Protein Diet. Gap your meals adequately (4-5 hours). Take Lots of body fluids.
3. Cardio exercises (Running, Brisk walking, Treadmill, Static cycling or Swimming) for at least 45 minutes or More.
4. Correct your posture and Body’s biomechanics before you plan for any Straining exercises.
5. Check for body’s baseline Strength, endurance, flexibility and Stability before u set the target.
6. Set warm-up and cool-down time and exercises, like simple active stretches and free movements of body segments or hot fomentation if needed.
7. Exercises Protocol:
a. Start with stability exercises;
i. Mat exercises and Pilates, to learn right recruitment of muscles.
ii. Planks (4-point, 3-point, butt ups, trunk twists, kick ups etc)
iii. Alligator walks
b. Muscle strengthening exercises;
i. Sit-ups and Abdominal Crunches
ii. Oblique Training
iii. Alternate and Bilateral Leg Lifts
iv. Jack Knife or V-Setups
v. Body Wheels or Rolls
ix. Air Bicycling
x. Hurdle Jumping
Last but not the least:
- Sleep Adequately (At least 8 Hours).
- Avoid Stress.
- Rehydrate Your Body Properly.
- Take rests in between to avoid early Fatigue and Injuries.
- Work under expert Supervision.