There are different causes of foot problems including:
- Diabetes and cardiovascular diseases (A podiatrist plays a major role in helping diabetes patients successfully manage/avoid foot-related complications.)
- Arthritis (A foot has 33 joints and they can be affected by arthritis.)
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Muscle and tendon problems
- Skin disorders
- Toe joint and nerve disorders
- Toenail problems
At AktivHealth™, we offer specialized care for foot and lower leg ailments that include
- Diabetic foot and non-healing diabetic foot ulcers
- Heel and foot pains
- Diagnosis and treatment of skin and nail conditions of feet like Athlete’s Foot, fungal infection of nails, ingrown toe nails, corns and callouses and plantar warts
- Assessment for flat feet, high arch feet, gait analysis and bio-mechanics of walking
- Measurement of right shoe size by ‘BrannockDevice’ and advice for right kind of foot wear
- Advice for orthotics e.g. evaluation, fabrication and custom fitting of artificial limbs and orthopaedic braces
AktivHealth also provides a unique service offering customized in-soles. These are made in Germany using European technology and then adapted here in India to your exact requirements under the guidance of our expert podiatrist.
We are committed to provide the highest standard of ankle and foot pain treatment while our proven physical therapy regimen ensures your feet remain as healthy as you want. We use state-of-the art techniques involving orthopedics, dermatology, physical medicine and rehabilitation to cure our patients.
Benefits of our treatment
Benefits that you may expect from AktivHealth™ include:
- Successful avoidance/management of diabetes-caused foot problems
- Healthy and active feet and skin
- Improved movement
- Zero pain/pain management
- Awareness about excellent foot care
- Balance between life and work
AktivHealth™ foot tips for diabetes patients
Here are a few tips that, if used, can help diabetes patients to keep their feet healthy and ‘aktiv’.
- Check and wash your feet every day.
- Dry your feet well after bath and washing of feet, especially between the toes.
- Keep the skin soft and smooth. Use moisturizing cream if your skin is dry but avoid putting cream between the toes.
- Wear extra width, extra depth and well cushioned footwear. Always wear cotton and woolen shoes.
- Trim your nails straight and avoid deep cutting as you may injure the skin around the nails.
- Never use hot water bottle, or heating your feet electrically. Do not dip your feet in hot water.
- Avoid bathroom surgeries for corns and calluses. Do not use corn cap available in the market for removal of corns and calluses.
- Exercise regularly as per the advice of your doctor.
- Never neglect any cuts, injury to skin, swelling, redness and infection of skin and nails. Take a prompt medical advice and avoid self-medication.