Spinal Manipulative Therapy (SMT) | Chiropractics Manipulations
Around 80% of the population experiences neck and/or back pain in today’s stressful world. The economic burden for the management of this pain is humongous ranging from various healthcare disciplines ending up in surgeries.
Spinal Manipulative therapy (SMT), also known as manipulations, adjustments, thrust techniques or in a form of Chiropractic manipulations combines mobilizations, manipulations, massage of spine, joints, soft tissues, muscles and fascia. These techniques have been used for many centuries in the treatment of neuro-musculoskeletal disorders.
Who can Benefit?
– Patients with mechanical pain,
– non mechanical pain,
– Postural spine pain,
– Spondylosis, or
– any other degenerative conditions
At AktivOrtho, our trained Therapists may use SMT as part of their treatment plan for Spine or other Joints in a safe manner, especially in cases where spinal or joint pain doesn’t improve with self-care.
Several studies and researches have shown that SMT –
– Produces analgesic or pain relieving effects by relieving pressure on the joints, reducing inflammation or swelling, improving nerve and muscle function.
– Helps to mobilize joints reducing the stiffness both in joints as well as in soft tissues.
– Improve physical functioning.
– Io increase the resting strength of biceps muscles (both sides) through electromyographic activity