AktivHealth has a dedicated team of well-qualified and registered Therapists for offering the best possible Physiotherapy services within the comfort of your home. Aktiv@Home team helps patients and families cope with significant illness or disability, supporting the patients to recover fast and live life with independence and dignity by providing the highest quality Physio and Rehab care.
Our multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team consists of Physiotherapists (specializing in Ortho, Neuro, Sports, Gynae, Geriatric, Paediatric, Cardio-respiratory and Cancer care rehabilitation physical therapy), Occupational therapists, Speech therapists and Nutritionists, all led and supervised by a team of Medical Doctors (specializing in Rehabilitation Medicine, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Orthopedics).
Who can Benefit from Home Therapy?
- Patients whose mobility is compromised due to some reason, those who are physically dependent on others.
- Post-surgical rehabilitation patients.
- Fragile and elderly patients.
- Patients who don’t have any caregiver/family member support.
- Pediatrics patients who are more comfortable and supportive in-home environment.
- Mothers of newborn
- Patients in the Acute phase (early onset) of the disease, when they are not medically stable.
- Patients who want to avoid hassle of or don’t have any assistance to travel to hospital or have time constraints.
- Patients who want treatment in the convenience of their home
Our Services goals include:
- Regular physiotherapy sessions with the use of exercise therapy, modalities etc.
- Restoration of the mobility & strength of patients.
- Pain alleviation and Restoration of injured muscles.
- Regular updates to the treating doctor and quality checks by a Team Leader.
- Seamless case transition from Hospital to Home, under the guidance and recommendation of a Medical Doctor and Team Leader at AktivHealth.
- Provide patients with an extended coverage from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week.
Physio care at home for orthopedic patients involves providing recovery and rehabilitation services after injury or surgery. The transition from hospital to home is made easier by our physiotherapists, who first perform a thorough assessment of the patient and then formulate a plan which might include therapeutic exercises and use of simple medical equipment/devices or manual techniques to alleviate pain, improve strength and range of motion.
Stroke and Neurological cases
Families of patients recovering from stroke are often in a dilemma on how to provide the best quality of care, as it is a very demanding and stressful episode for the entire family. Our program for patients recovering from stroke or other neurological disorders is centered on providing continuous and individual attention to their daily activities. We aim to make them as independent as possible and improve their mental and physical functioning, while also providing the emotional support for the patient and family.
Conditions do we treat with our Home Therapy:
- Back Sprain or Strain
- Acute and Chronic pain
- Neck pain
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Pre and Post Surgery rehab
- Trauma injuries such as Sprain, Strain, joint dislocations and fracture.
- Frozen shoulder/Periarthritis
- Post fracture reduction management
- Total Hip and Knee replacement
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tendon tears, such as Achilles tendon injuries and tears of the rotator cuff in the shoulder
- Post amputation Management
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myocardial infarction (ST elevation MI, non-ST elevation MI)
- Re-vascularization procedures
- Stable or unstable angina
- Controlled heart failure
- Other vascular or heart disease
- Pre and Post cardio-thoracic surgery Rehab
- Stable angina (chest pain)
- Heart procedures such as percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), which includes angioplasty or cardiac stenting
- Heart surgery such as coronary artery bypass surgery, heart valve repair or replacement
- Heart or heart–lung transplant.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation:
- Post-operative injuries.
- ACL reconstruction.
- Meniscus tears.
- Rotator cuff repair.
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries.
- Sprains and strains.
- Tedonitis and bursitis.
- Optimal Performance enhancement program
- Recovering from injuries or orthopedic surgeries
- Living with developmental coordination, speech-language or cognitive delays
- Diagnosed with congenital disorders
- Diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders
- Swallowing, feeding aversion disorders.
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapsed (POP)
- Stress urinary incontinence (SUI)
- Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Pre and Post Natal Rehab
- Reduced balance and mobility
- Falls risk assessment and prevention
- Loss of strength after hospitalization
- Prescription of walking aids
High focus on Clinical Quality protocols, Patient documentation and Outcome measurement:
We follow evidence-based protocols, where the treatment plan is thoroughly discussed with Doctors and Rehab experts and then tailored according to the patient’s individual medical needs and health goals.
The documentation of each patient session is done for proper planning, provision and continuous quality monitoring, redeveloping treatment plans of patient care according to their prognosis and outcomes.
We use the most recent advances, researches and rehab techniques to deliver the best quality of care to patients. Some of the techniques we use to treat our patients are Myofascial release, Maitland mobilization, Mulligan mobilization, Kinesio-taping, Active release technique, Proprioceptive neuromuscular re-education, Motor re-learning program, Roods approaches and Motor imagery.