Neurological Rehabilitation is a complex medical process that is case-specific and focuses on aiding a person’s recovery and helping to restore that individual to live a maximally active and independent life. A person’s quality of life is altered by brain or spinal cord injury, disease or disorders, affecting their mobility, behavioural and cognitive functions. such changes in the nervous system produce new challenges vis-à-vis to the individual’s capability of living an independent functional life. The goal of neurological rehabilitation at AktivHealth is to combat those changes, improvise alternative mechanisms to bring about improvement in quality of life.
Who can benefit?
Patients with any of the following disorders:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Bells Palsy
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Other neurological diseases as Guillain-Barre’ Syndrome
- Vestibular disorders
- Post-surgical or post traumatic neural deficits
Our Approach at AktivHealth
We provide one-on-one individualized and specific rehabilitation plans for patients recovering from stroke, traumatic brain injury and various degrees of paralysis, balance and vestibular disorders, etc. We operate with scientifically developed protocols for the management of different neural disorders with impairments and functional deficits.
We work with the available capabilities and skills of the affected person along with their family and caregivers, to reduce impairments, to promote their existing abilities, restore the possible affected so that they reach the highest level of independence possible. Our approach encourages them to rebuild their self-esteem and have a positive outlook. Thus, they can adapt to the new situations and become empowered for successful and committed re-integration into the community.
At AktivHealth, our therapists incorporate latest techniques to maximize results for patients. Some of these are:
Our therapists provide comprehensive assessment to:
- Determine problematic areas
- Devise treatment program
- Set realistic treatment goals
At AktivOrtho™, we aim to:
- Improve balance and coordination
- Build or rebuild muscle strength
- Relieve and manage pain
- Build cardiopulmonary endurance
- Improve body awareness and alignment
- Improve the range of motion
- Pre-walking and walking training
- Develop and enhance gross motor skills
- Improve overall neurological health
- Manage muscle tone and strength
- Improve posture and control
- Improve and restore functional independence in daily life activities