With the right combination of exercise and a healthy lifestyle most of us should be able to live Aktiv, independent lives well into our mature years. We have developed the AktivSeniors program to help older people achieve greater physical independence, confidence and vitality.
The AktivSeniors program can help in treating several medical conditions as well as improving general well-being.
Who can benefit?
Nearly everyone can benefit as each program is created to an individual’s personal requirements. The program can also help patients with any of the following conditions:
How AktivOrtho will help you?
- At AktivOrtho, the clinical team will first evaluate a patient’s condition, then develop a specialised treatment and therapy program. Throughout each program our patients are cared for, trained and supported by fully qualified physio and sports therapists who have a complete overview of the patient’s medical condition(s). The physiotherapist will work in conjuction with our doctors, consulting regularly on all cases. So, patients can be assured that all aspects are being considered and a condition is not being treated in isolation.
- The treatment program may include any of the following elements –
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- metabolic balance® to help manage weight and diabetes
- General body conditioning and stamina building
- After diagnosing your musculoskeletal issues and addressing any pain you may be experiencing, we then focus on building up your strength and endurance as a long-term foundation for preventing any future injuries or issues. Typically it takes 3 months to properly re-educate the mind and body to give you a healthy sense of physical and mental well-being. Your problems did not occur overnight and neither will they disappear overnight! We will work with you as a team to develop and maintain your strength and energy to cope with the physical demands of daily life.